I’m starting this new thing called Top 5 Friday! Because, guess what?, it’s Friday and I have no clue what to write about on the blog this week!
I went running a few times but nothing noteworthy happened. I’m not training for anything in particular, didn’t have a race, and I didn’t see anything exciting (unless you count the creepy guy w/ 6″ fingernails using weight machines while I’m on the treadmill, but I’d rather forget about him).
Here’s how it works – if you haven’t already guessed – it’s Friday, and I’m going to give you a top 5 list. So, with no further ado…this week’s topic is…
TOP 5 REASONS RUNNING ON THE TREADMILL IS ACTUALLY AWESOME
1. Law and Order Marathons – Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love Law & Order? And, can you watch Law & Order while running outside? No, no you can’t. On the Law & Order scale, Treadmill wins!
2. It’s easy to zone out – My favorite part of the treadmill is how easy it is to zone out. I don’t have to worry about tripping, or getting hit by cars, or watching out for ice. Just turn on the machine and run. That’s all. It’s awesome.
3. You don’t need to carry things – I like to have my “stuff” with me. On long runs – my phone, my iPod, water, gel, keys. In the dark, I’ve got my vest, knuckle lights. Do you know how much stuff that is to carry? It’s a LOT of stuff. On the treadmill, there are little ledges to keep all your stuff. It’s awesome.
4. Weather – Guess what, it doesn’t rain in the gym. Also, the treadmill is never icy. Windchill? Nope. Oppressive heat and humidity – not likely. Treadmill wins!
5. Reading – I love running, but I’m not going to pretend that I sometimes don’t want to do it. One thing that can help get me going is the promise of a good book. Reading while you run, you say? On the treadmill, it’s possible! I just pull out my kindle, change the text size and there you go. Treadmill + Kindle = Awesome!
Often, the treadmill gets a bad rap, I think it’s unfair. The treadmill can be so much fun 🙂