I think I mentioned last week that Top 5 Friday was probably going to be short lived because I have a difficult time coming up with items to put on these top 5 lists. Luckily, it’s not going away entirely, just getting a little makeover. I noticed that other bloggers do something called “Five for Friday”, or something of that nature, where they list 5 things on Friday. Just any 5 things. I’m not sure if there’s anything more to it than that, but I like that simple idea. So, Top 5 Friday is becoming The Friday 5, and there’s nothing you can do about it!
1. My second spin class was way more fun than the first. I adjusted my bike a lot better this time, and felt more comfortable with everything that was going on. But even more than that, I liked the instructor a lot better. She picked great music, and I could actually hear her. I’m looking forward to next Monday’s class.
2. I started popping my Larabars in the microwave. I read this tip somewhere (another blog maybe?) a while ago, and I just tried it for the first time. It’s amazing! My favorite is the chocolate chip cherry torte. I’ve also tried it with the banana bread flavor, with some added mini chocolate chips. I’ve been eating these everyday for a year, but 15 seconds in the microwave makes it seem like a whole new snack.
3. I’ve been knitting up a storm. My sister’s having a baby in May! And, I’m making a blanket for little Baby C. I ordered the yarn online so I could get certain colors, but there was a big issue with shipping and I got it a month later than I expected. I’ve been knitting like crazy to catch up and finish in time for her shower. It’s coming along nicely, and I really like the pattern.
4. I got a haircut! And I took this picture of it:
5. My calf muscles are so tight. I should probably stretch. It’s one of my non-running resolutions to stretch. I’ve done it once. So far, not good. Starting today, more stretching!
That was so much more fun than trying to come up with a top 5 topic and scrounging for things to put on the list. I hope this change works for you, too. Happy Friday!
6 thoughts on “Goodbye Top 5 Friday, Hello Friday 5”
1. I’m glad you’re liking spinning better.
2. I’ve never really cared for Larabars, but they are good for on the go.
3. I want to see this blanket.
4. Your hair looks cute.
5. I can’t believe you don’t stretch. It has always been a requirement for me and I can’t move if I don’t do it.
Friday 5 makes my comments more streamlined. I like it.
I love that you responded in list form! Thanks for all the tips about the spinning, I like it more each time I go, and I might not have kept going if you didn’t say I can’t judge it until I’ve gone 3 or 4 times. 🙂 Also, I’ll hook you up with a picture of the blanket. I don’t want to post it because I want it to be a little bit of a surprise. Even if she knows it’s coming, she doesn’t know what it looks like!
I think the Friday 5 is a nice idea – it’s random, which is why I like it! I bet the blanket will be an amazing gift, it’s so personal! I like the haircut – it really suits you! Finally as for the stretching, all I can say is that I find it super helpful and really enjoy it actually. It’s become a little routine for me to spend 15 minutes or so stretching each night, and I love it. It really relaxes me and of course it’s good for my running too!
I like the randomness, too. It was so easy to write. I guess I should be more random all the time! And, I should also stretch! Maybe I’ll copy you and make it a nightly routine.
I love the haircut!
Thanks Sachiko! I hope your trip is going well. We should round up the gang when you’re back in town.