Now that I started this last week, I’m going to do my best to keep it going.
- Monday: 3 miles easy + Spinning, this time I ran 2 miles, went to spinning, and then ran 1 mile. I liked doing the single mile afterwards. It got my legs feeling semi-normal again after that weird feeling they get when I’m on the bike.
- Tuesday: Did not run, ate pancakes instead.
- Wednesday: I finally sucked it up and did my at home strength workout. It was
terrible and I hated itawesome, and I beat my current best for push-ups! New high: 26! I also ran 4 miles on the treadmill at an average 9:21 pace. How will I shave 21 seconds off that for 13.1 miles?
- Thursday: 40 minute tempo run. Built to 2 min at 8min/mile. Average 9:11/mile. Felt like I paced myself correctly for the first time. Probably shouldn’t have run so fast on Wednesday, though.
- Friday: 3 miles easy + I went to spinning again. I’m starting to really like spin class. I ran 3 miles, then went to spinning, then walked/ran a mile to “reboot” my legs. That’s what I’m calling it, a reboot. Although, it might really just be crazy, I don’t know.
- Saturday: First outdoor run in a month, or more? It was..well, not great. Ended up being 6 miles instead of the originally planned 10.
- Sunday: Rest day. Recognized that today would have been good to do strength exercises a second time, but didn’t.
Last week, I set my goals as:
- Long Run: 10 miles – ran 6 miles
Speed Work: 40 minute tempo runCheck! Easy Runs: 2 or 3 runs @ 3 to 4 milesCheck! Go to spinning twiceCheck!
- Do at home strength exercises at least twice – did exercises once
I didn’t get everything on my list done, but I still feel good about everything I did. I’m kind of surprised that I’m not more disappointed about cutting my long run short, but I’m not. I think it’s because I had just done 10 miles the week before without a problem. I like that I put two of each distance in my long run schedule, takes some pressure off.
This week, I’m hoping to:
- Long Run: 11 miles
- Speed work – 8 x 400m intervals
- Easy Runs: 2-3 runs at least 3 miles
- Go to spinning twice
- At home strength work – 2 times
- Stretch + Foam Roll – 3 times (Taking everyone’s advice to get stretching!)
Have a good week! I hope you’re adjusting to daylight savings..blech!