Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I don’t have any plans for celebrating yet, but who knows what will come up.
For now, here’s a picture of Ireland:
Now sweetly lies old Ireland,
Emerald green beyond the foam,
Awakening old memories,
Calling the heart back home.
And, totally unrelated to the holiday, my weekly recap:
- Monday: 3 miles easy before Spinning. The run went great, I averaged 9:17/mile and it felt pretty easy. Spinning, on the other hand, was tough! It wasn’t just me either, everyone was struggling with the workout today. I think it was a tougher one than last week.
- Tuesday: Rest Day, and bought new sneakers!
- Wednesday: 3 miles easy to break in the new sneakers.
- Thursday: Did my weekly speed work at the gym, 8x400m w/ 2 min rest between interval for a total of 4 miles. Also, did my at home strength work. It wasn’t as bad as last week, and I got a new push-up high: 28! 50 push-ups here I come! I also stretched and foam rolled.
- Friday: 3.5 miles and Spinning! Also, stretched and foam rolled, again. My legs are sore from the lunges that were part of my strength workout yesterday, but keeping up the stretching and foam rolling should help.
- Saturday: 11 miles! (Treadmill, but still.) I’m hoping that the simulated hills are going to be enough to get me through a real life half marathon.
- Sunday: Thought about how I should be stretching and foam rolling, as well as doing my strength stuff, but didn’t. Bad Amy.
Last week, I set my goals as:
Long Run: 11 milesCheck! Speed work – 8 x 400m intervalsCheck! Easy Runs: 2-3 runs at least 3 milesCheck! Go to spinning twiceCheck!
- At home strength work – 2 times – Just Once
- Stretch + Foam Roll – 3 times – Close, only twice
This week, I’m hoping to:
- Long Run: 11 miles
- Speed work – 40 min Tempo
- Easy Runs: (2) – 3 mile + 4.5 mile
- Pace Run: 5 mile
- Strength – Twice
- Stretch + Foam Roll – 3 times
Spinning is only a maybe this week. I’ve got plans during both my “normal” spin class times. I might try and go to a different class, but it’s not going to be a priority.
Have a good week!