I can’t believe I’ve been training for 10 weeks. This is a long training plan! I think I made it this way because I was excited to get started. Ha!
Here’s how week 10 went:
- Monday: 3 mile easy run followed by spinning. Also, stretching and foam rolling.
- Tuesday: Jeff and I planned to run together tonight, and despite neither of us feeling like it we got all dressed up for intervals at the track. Unfortunately, when we drove over to the track we found it was taken by the high school track team. We then decided to do a short run from home instead. However, we still weren’t feeling it and after stepping out into the wind we quickly headed inside in favor of dinner and a few episodes of Friends. (Am I a bad runner if I find this more funny than guilt inducing?)
- Wednesday: Did my intervals that I skipped on Tuesday. I REALLY didn’t want to go, but Jeff sort of dragged me with him to the gym. It turned out to be a great workout, so I’m pretty grateful that he didn’t give in to my whining. On another note, I really like intervals. They feel easier than just a regular 4 mile run. Think I can do intervals for the whole race?
- Thursday: Took the night off to get ready for my weekend trip to Buffalo.
- Friday: Traveling and visiting with family, no running.
- Saturday: Baby shower day for my sister, again no running.
- Sunday: After talking with a few people, I decided to do my long run on the trail by the Niagara River. Unfortunately, because it’s Buffalo and Spring is not coming this year, there were 3″ of snow on the ground when I woke up. After dawdling as long as I could, I finally forced myself on to my mom’s treadmill for 12 miles. I didn’t really feel like running (theme of the week), but again, once it started, I was fine and had a good time. I even ended up with negative splits!
This is how I did on my goals last week:
Long Run: 12 milesCheck! Speed work – 9x400mCheck!
- Easy Runs: (2) –
3 mile+ 5 mile – 3 mile yes, 5 mile no
- Strength – Once – Still have a wrist problem, but shouldn’t be failing so badly at this
- Stretch + Foam Roll – 3 times – Only once
This week I’m hoping to:
- Long Run: 12 miles
- Speed Work – 45 min tempo run
- Easy Runs: (2) – 3 mile + 5 mile
- Pace Run: 5 mile
- Strength – Once
- Stretch & Foam Roll – 2 times
- Spinning Once
One of these weeks, I’m going to meet all of my goals, but it certainly wasn’t week 10. I’m happy with how I did though, considering I was doing a bunch of last minute baby shower planning and then traveling to Buffalo. In addition to that, my motivation to workout was definitely lacking this week, so I consider everything I did an extra little victory.
Do you ever have weeks like mine, where everything is 10 times harder to do than normal? I tend to give in and skip some workouts, but not all of them. I find that taking it easy on weeks like this can help me get my motivation back quicker, but it’s good to have some workouts to look back on that were hard to start but turned out good.