Well, it’s April. It doesn’t exactly feel like April because Spring has taken it’s sweet time getting here, but the calendar still says it’s time to check in on my resolutions (detailed list here).
- Complete a 1/2 Marathon in Under 2 Hours – I’ll be attempting this at the end of the month!
- Keep up with my Running Blog – Could not be doing better!
- Run a Marathon – I’m 100% sure I want to do one in the fall. Just need to pick it and sign up. And train for it of course. 🙂
- Keep a Running Journal – I did this for 4 weeks and did not like it. I still want to give it another chance, though so I’m keeping it on the list for now.
- Join a Running Club – I think I’m going to do this after the half marathon.
- Volunteer – I’ve been checking out some options on Volunteer Match, but haven’t signed up for anything yet.
- Run 2014! (kilometers, that is) – I need to run 113 miles per month for the rest of the year to do this. Given my normal training load, that seems pretty unlikely. But it’s not impossible. I’ll probably revise this down to a more realistic goal when it moves from unlikely to impossible. I am not upset about this at all; I’m psyched about my mileage this year. Last March I ran 27.8 miles (I wasn’t even injured), this March I ran 102.5 miles. I have run twice as many miles this year as I had at the same time last year. That feels like success to me.
- Beat Jeff’s 5k PR – No progress on this goal, but I am doing speed work for half training, does that count?
Fun Fact: I don’t like making posts without pictures in them. I’m not really sure I have one that fits for this post, so I’m not even going to try. Here’s a picture of some Panda cupcakes Jeff and I made a couple years ago.