It’s Friday! Time for my favorite not-quite-weekly post, where I write about five random things that pop into my head. I try to include some running stuff, this being a running blog and all.
1. There’s a frozen yogurt place on every corner. Is it like this everywhere? I can think of 4 yogurt places relatively close to me, and they’re building another one. I don’t have anything against frozen yogurt, but isn’t this getting excessive? And shouldn’t we be focusing on more important desserts, like ice-cream?
2. I heard you’re not supposed to foam roll too often When I first read about foam rolling, I swear I read something that said you should do it up to 3 times per day. That seemed a bit excessive, but I’ve always kept it in the back of my head that eventually I’d work my way up to daily foam rolling. Recently, though, I read that you should leave a day or two between foam rolling to give your muscles time to recover. I’m not sure which is true, but I’ll gladly shoot for foam rolling every other day. It’s much more manageable.
3. I own an excessive number of calculators So many calculators.
4. I sing along during to the National Anthem Does anyone else do this? I always feel like I’m the only one, but I enjoy singing along. It’s fun, I wish more people would join in. Especially at occasions where they just play a recording. Also, I’m always a little worried that I shouldn’t be singing along (because I’m generally the only one doing it), so I’d feel less awkward if someone else sang, too. I tried looking up whether it’s okay to sing along, but I couldn’t find anything definitive.
5. Yesterday, I saw the “Dear Boston,” exhibit at the Library. I went with a friend after grabbing lunch. It was put together from all the stuff that people left behind as a memorial after the bombings last year. It’s pretty cool they didn’t just chuck it all. Also, it’ll give people coming back to the Marathon a chance to see the memorial.
Enjoy the weekend! I hope your Easter or Passover celebrations are filled with fun, family, and friends. And, if you’re lucky enough to have Patriots’ Day off, enjoy the 3-day weekend!