It’s been a wonderful holiday weekend, and it’s not over yet! It’s Patriots’ Day, and the elite women take off in just about a half hour! Here’s to a smooth running of the race, and with any luck, an American winner!
This week I’ve been tapering for my race. Two weeks suddenly feels long, but I’m looking forward to having some nice rested legs for the race. This week felt a little boring, I seem to have become hooked on running 5 days a week. Here’s how the week went:
- Monday: Rest. Abs, Stretching, Foam Rolling
- Tuesday: 4 mile easy run. (9:48/mile)
- Wednesday: 30 minute Tempo Run (Average 9:15/mile), Abs, Stretching, Foam Rolling
- Thursday: Rest…Totally forgot I was even supposed to do Abs.
- Friday: Easy 3 miles. Stretching and foam rolling. Abs? What abs?
- Saturday: Rest day. Considered going for an unscheduled short run, but Jeff reminded me that I’m tapering. It didn’t take much convincing, and I rested like a good little runner.
- Sunday: A long run has become an Easter morning tradition. It makes stuffing myself with chocolate chip brownie waffles a little easier. It also felt nice to get moving after overeating at Passover last night.
This is how I did on my goals last week:
Long Run: 6 milesCheck! Speed Work – 30 min tempoCheck! Easy Runs: (2) – 3 mile + 4 mileCheck!
- Strength – 30-day Ab Challenge –Missed some days
Stretch & Foam Roll – 4 timesCheck!
Turns out I’m pretty good at tapering, and I will continue this week. My plan is to reduce intensity along with the mileage. Goal: Get to the start line feeling like a caged beast!
Here’s what’s up for this week:
- Easy Runs: (3) – 4, 3, 2 miles
- Foam Roll – 3 times
- Stretch – 5 times
- Strength – 3 times
Have a great week, and enjoy Marathon Monday! And Dyngus Day, if that’s your thing. 🙂