Hey, it’s May! Time to check-in on my resolutions (detailed list here).
1. Complete a 1/2 Marathon in Under 2 Hours – SUCCESS! 4.27.2014
2. Keep up with my Running Blog – SUCCESS! – as long as I don’t blow it later in the year.
3. Run a Marathon – Cape Cod? Manchester? Time to start training! More on this later.
4. Keep a Running Journal – Success, but I hated it. I’m going to try again.
5. Join a Running Club – I hear they do group runs of 5 or 8 miles on Saturdays. I haven’t done anything with this information, but I know it. And knowing is half the battle.
6. Volunteer – Haven’t done this yet. I’ll shoot for finding a local race to help out at over the summer.
7. Run 2014! (kilometers, that is) – This one is officially changing; 2014k (1250 miles) was an aggressive goal, and I’m just not going to make it. I’d have to run more miles per month for the rest of the year than I did in the peak of marathon training last year. That’s unrealistic. I am now aiming to Run 1000 miles in 2014. This is 100 more miles than last year.
8. Beat Jeff’s 5k PR – I’m thinking Fall or Winter for this one. I’m not sure I’ll run a 5k before then.
I think I’m keeping on track so far. The year is not even half over!