It’s June already; where does the time go? May was mostly recovery for me, so I didn’t make much progress on the list, but I’m still going to check-in on my resolutions (detailed list here). At the very least, it’s a refresher on what I should be working on.
1. Complete a 1/2 Marathon in Under 2 Hours – SUCCESS! 4.27.2014
2. Keep up with my Running Blog – SUCCESS! – as long as I don’t blow it later in the year.
3. Run a Marathon – Undecided.
4. Keep a Running Journal – Success, but I hated it. I might try again. We’ll see.
5. Join a Running Club – I haven’t done this yet. I really should get on this one.
6. Volunteer – Haven’t done this yet. I’ll shoot for finding a local race to help out at over the summer.
7. Run 1000 miles – I’m at about 385 for the year so far. It’s a little shy of where I should be, but not insurmountable.
8. Beat Jeff’s 5k PR – Planning to attempt this sometime in the fall. I don’t really have a plan for any target workouts, I’m just hoping that running long will make me fast like last fall/winter.
In other news, I’ve been doing a Summer Stretching Streak in place of the Summer Running streak. I am a notoriously bad stretcher, but have had some issues with tight hamstrings and calf muscles. I know it would be good for me, but I just can’t ever seem to keep it up. Just like the run streak, I started on Memorial Day, and so far so good! I’ve now stretched for 7 consecutive days. This is some kind of crazy record! I deserve ice-cream or something!
I did a quick 25 min easy run yesterday. I went out at 9:30 AM and it was HOT! I can’t believe last week it was in the 40s and now we’re up to the 70s! Yes, I know that it’s not that hot, but it really feels like it because of the drastic jump. I better start getting myself ready for running in the heat. Whatever that means!
How are your resolutions going? Are you doing a streak? Is it getting hot where you are?