It’s Friday! And a special one – 4th of July! I hope everyone else is having as nice I time as I am today. And, I’ve got some awesome plans for tomorrow, too. I get to see my sister, brother in law, and baby niece! Yipee!
Now, a list of five things:
1. Not every Friday is a Friday 5 Friday. I keep a draft of this post and add things to it as I think of them. When I get to 5 things, I post the next Friday. Sometimes this happens every week, sometimes it takes a little while. Maybe this is strange, but I don’t want to force it. I prefer free flowing randomness.
2. I managed to pull myself out the door twice this week for “early” morning runs. Even at 7am it is hot, and so HUMID! But it gets nearly 20 degrees warmer throughout the day, so I’m pretty glad I got some runs in early.
3. I’ll be 30 this month! I don’t have any problem with the idea of being 30, but it’s crazy to think about. I’m a real live grown up! Tying this back to running, I’ll be entering a new age group…a whole new opportunity for PRs. Since I started running in my 20s I’ve always been in the same age group, but now I’ll have a new one, and can start tracking age group PRs! Exciting!
4. I got a new computer. I broke my computer about a month ago by spilling tea on the keyboard. (Ugh, I still cringe just thinking that I did that.) Today I got a new computer, and this is my first post on the new guy.
5. Happy 4th of July! I’m rocking an awesome new t-shirt today, and I ran in my USA tank this morning! It may have rained all day, but running in the pouring rain was awesome, and I’m having a fun, albeit wet, holiday!
Enjoy the long weekend!
4 thoughts on “The Friday 5 – 11th Edition”
I can definitely see the humidity in that photo!
I’m excited about turning 30 later this year for the same reason you mention – a new age group to race in! I’ve only ever run in the 20-29 group, and it will be interesting to see if where I place on average changes at all.
Hope you had a good long weekend! 🙂
Unfortunately, I think I’m going to do even worse in the new age group. At least, I think there are more people in the new age group, but you never know!
Happy 4th to you, albeit belated! I’m turning 30 this year too! I’m actually looking forward to it. 20s were fun, but I’m over it. Cute tshirt! Happy humid running!
Yeah, I’m not upset about turning 30 either. Sure, sure, I’m getting older and all that jazz, but I can’t change it, so why fight it?