My title is stolen from April Come She Will – great song. Who doesn’t love some Simon & Garfunkel? Anyways, not to be confusing, I know it’s July, but this post is recapping my goals through June, so it makes sense. Plus, in June I got to the point of the year when I started asking myself why I wanted to do some of these things in the first place which makes the lyric even more appropriate. Because I’m changing my tune. Get it?
Anyways, let’s see where I’m at (detailed list here).
1. Complete a 1/2 Marathon in Under 2 Hours – SUCCESS! 4.27.2014
2. Keep up with my Running Blog – SUCCESS! – I’m killing it at this one.
3. Run a Marathon – Ummm, errrr….we’ll see. I MAY BE CHANGING MY TUNE.
4. Keep a Running Journal – Success? I did this for 3 weeks. I hated it. For quite awhile I thought I should try again, but I don’t think I’m going to. I think the training log I have is too intense for me, and it ended up making me feel bad about myself.
5. Join a Running Club – I emailed someone about this; that’s progress!
6. Volunteer – Nothing on this front. If I manage to ever get myself to a running club, they will have races for me to volunteer at.
7. Run 1000 miles – I was at 444 miles by the end of June, so I have a little ground to make up. This is another goal I changed my tune on; originally it was to run 2014 km (1250 miles).
8. Beat Jeff’s 5k PR – Currently I have no plans to train for this effort, so we’ll see how that goes.
So, that’s my progress so far. I don’t think I’ll be crossing any off the list this month since I haven’t yet and July is already half over. (True to the song again! – July, she will fly, and give no warning to her flight). But I’ll make some more progress towards my 1000 miles goal, and maybe also the run club one.
How are you doing on your resolutions? Done yet? Change any? And isn’t it crazy how much sense that song made in my post?