Today’s a special day folks! It’s my BIRTHDAY! And like any
5 year old mature adult, I’m super excited…because, I’M 30!!!
I’ve recently started to notice lists of things you must do in your twenties or things to do before X age. Particularly, I’ll notice people making their own lists (like Phoebe, from Friends). It’s great to have goals, but for me this would be super stressful and a recipe for a giant let down on my birthday. Who wants to spend the day lamenting trips they didn’t take, concerts they missed, skills they never learned?
Instead I decided to make a list of 30 things I DID do before 30, and it was a really easy and fun list to make! I’d highly recommend making your own list on your birthday, or whenever.
Now, in no particular order:
- Ran a Marathon (running blog…obviously this one had to go on the list.)
- Hiked a Mountain
- Fell in Love and Got Married
- Learned to Knit
- Went to a Rodeo!
- Graduated College
- Became a Professional Engineer
- Ran an Obstacle Race (Another shout out to the whole running blog world!)
- Earned a Varsity Letter (Soccer)
- Had an Awesome Halloween Costume (several actually)
- Visited Ireland
- Went to Disney World
- Bowled a 222
- Voted for President
- Rode in a Hot Air Balloon
- Visited a Lighthouse (or 1,000…thanks mom!)
- Saw Niagara Falls (more times than I can count.)
- Built a Muppet (or two)
- Learned to Juggle
- Graduated from Clown School
- Traveled to France
- Saw George Carlin (Live!)
- Pulled an All Nighter (multiple times)
- Bought Harry Potter 7 at midnight when it was released.
- Went to SARStock
- Became an Auntie (x2)
- Memorized (and forgot) all the American Presidents and their terms
- Played Handbells on the soundtrack for a movie.
- Had a Monkey come to my birthday party!
- Played “Wanna buy a Duck?” in Duck, NC while wearing Duck PJs
Not too shabby! I’m so lucky I’ve had all these great experiences, and I look forward to many, many more!
Aside from being a birthday post, this post is special for another reason. It’s my 100th post! Isn’t it funny how that works out? (Okay, full disclosure: I noticed on Friday that if I timed it right, my 100th post could be today, but I really didn’t do anything special to make that happen.)
Well, I’m off to eat ice-cream and listen to Captain Zoom sing me my personalized birthday song, Happy July 29th!
Do you have a list to complete by a certain birthday? Have you done all the things on my list?