Let’s just jump right in, shall we:
1) I got a new Garmin for my birthday! Isn’t she awesome? I named her Hermione. I’ve been reading Harry Potter out loud and so the name was in my head, but I also looked up the meaning of the name and found it’s the female version of Hermes who is the Greek god associated with speed. So, I think it’s a good name for a Garmin.
2) I did my long run today! I’ve been looking forward to my long run ALL week long, but I so so so did NOT want to go this morning. It took me an hour and a half to finally get my lazy bum out the door at 7:30 AM, and then it took around 8 miles for me to really get into it. Eventually everything worked itself out and I had a good time, but man was it rough getting out the door. (Side note: even though I wasn’t really feeling it, I was definitely grateful that I have the chance to do a long run on a week day.)
3) “It’s Raining Tacos…” This is possibly one of the weirdest songs I’ve ever heard, but it’s so catchy! And, I LOVE tacos. I like mine soft shell with guacamole, beans, cheese, and frank’s redhot (in that order).
4) I had the best (non-traditional) grilled cheese ever last night. It went directly into my mouth without any photographing for the blog, but it didn’t really look particularly special anyways. It was the TASTE that was phenomenal: Cheddar & Brie w/ pear on Texas Toast. So good. (If you happen to be near Brookline, MA: http://www.hopsnscotchbar.com/). The grilled cheese, along w/ a drink or two w/ friends, and a late bed time probably contributed to how much I did not want to run this morning, but it was worth it.
5) The Garage is DONE! They started building this thing in February 2013 – right next door to my house. I mentioned it once before in a Friday 5, so it seemed fitting that I’d give you an update. They are finally, finally done. Which means…no more construction noise! You adjust to it, you really do, but on Saturday morning (starting as early as 6 AM), it’s hard to handle. I suppose it always ensured that I would get out for my long run nice and early, but I’m so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow! I went over to the opening ceremony, where I got to see the Governor of Massachusetts cut the ribbon for the “mobility center”. (Yep, apparently “parking garage” is not a fancy enough term.)
Happy Friday, friends!
Do you like tacos? What do you put on them? Did you know that GoveRnor has an R there? I didn’t.