Another fun week of running…
This week’s highlights:
1.) I ran my easy run on Wednesday at a pace that actually felt easy! My easy runs do not have specific pace criteria, instead, I aim to: feel like I could run forever, be able to speak in full sentences without gasping for breath, and stop and take pictures of fun things I see.
2.) I did speed work on my birthday, and as a present to me, Jeff ran with me! It was tough – turns out 1200m repeats are hard. After the second one, we walked the recovery intervals, and that helped us stick with it for all 6 intervals. Later, I noticed that the second interval was our fastest…no wonder that one felt particularly difficult.
3.) My definition of cross training: any physical activity or combination of activities that is not running and lasts for at least 30 minutes. I’m getting better at it! I kayaked, and continued on with Kinetic Revolution. I also added some Wii Fit in there. No, it’s not terribly intense, but it’s also not nothing…score!
4.) I ran a 10k on Sunday. Recap – coming soon to a blog near you!
And the numbers:
- Monday: Cross Training ::: Day 2 Kinetic Revolution, and Wii fit
- Tuesday: 1200m intervals, 3 min recovery ::: 6 miles ::: 10:30/mile (~9/mile on intervals) ::: Day 3 Kinetic Revolution
- Wednesday: 45 minutes easy – Scavenger Hunt! ::: 3.7 miles ::: 11:25/mile
- Thursday: Rest Day
- Friday: Long Run ::: 15.5 miles ::: 11:12/mile
- Saturday: Cross Training ::: Long Walk
- Sunday: Bridge & Back 10k
How was your week last week?