This past week was tough. I think my legs were tired from the long run and 10k the week before (BTW, still working on the race recap for that), and I was a little lacking in the motivation department. I still got out there, but it wasn’t quite as exciting and my legs were really dragging by the time I got my long run in on Saturday.
Of course, that doesn’t mean this week wasn’t exciting…
This week’s highlights:
1.) I SIGNED UP FOR A MARATHON!!! Yes! I finally made a decision and signed up! I’m running the Cape Cod Marathon on October 26th! It’ll be my first time to Cape Cod (after living in the area for 8 years, it’s about time), and I can’t wait. It was a really difficult choice, but the route is supposed to be really beautiful. Let’s hope the scenery can carry me through the hills that start at mile 15.
2.) I saw some weird and interesting things on my long run on Saturday. I didn’t get a picture of any of them because they all happened after mile 14. At mile 14, I walked for a 1/2 mile because I was so exhausted. Once I’d started up again, I didn’t have the energy to stop, take a photo, and restart…so no photos of these amazing sights.
* First, I saw a children’s triathlon. The part I saw was the boys ages 4 to 6 running from the beach to the bike transition. They were all so small…and running so much faster than me. I’m glad they weren’t all passing me on their running segment.
* Next, I saw a man dressed as a pirate (outfit and hat but no peg leg or eye patch) riding a bicycle. He gave me a nod, which to me said, “Yeah, I’m a pirate.”
* Lastly, I saw a man running backwards. He was dressed like a normal runner, wearing headphones, but he was going backwards. Up a bridge. We were going in the same direction, so we were face to face for quite a while, but no head nods or explanations came my way. I think this was stranger than the bicycle pirate. You know, it was pretty hot out there….could I have been hallucinating?
3.) The last highlight from the week is not running related. I took my second actuary exam on Friday, and I PASSED!!! Woohoo!
And the numbers:
- Monday: Cross Training/Rest Day ::: Went for a walk.
- Tuesday: “Fartlek” (8x 3 min fast, 2 min recovery) ::: 4.65 miles ::: 9:57/mile
- Wednesday: 45 minutes easy – Scavenger Hunt! ::: 3.57 miles ::: 12:30/mile
- Thursday: 30 minutes easy ::: 2.37 miles ::: 12:49/mile
- Friday: Test Day/Rest Day
- Saturday: Long Run ::: 16.96 miles ::: 11:46/mile
- Sunday: Rest Day ::: Binge watching TV on Amazon Prime
This coming week I’ll be taking a step back week, and I’m so ready for it.
How was your week last week? What’s weirder: bicycle pirate or backwards runner?