This week was a step back week, so not a lot of action for a review post. Instead, I’m hopping on the “would you rather..” band wagon. Apparently this has been going on for a bit, but I first heard it here.
1. Would you rather run a 5k or a marathon?
A marathon. If I had to pick one to run tomorrow, I’d have to go with a 5k; I’m not ready for a marathon tomorrow (watch out fall 2014!), but if I was only able to do one of these distances again for the rest of my life, I’d go with the marathon.
2. Would you rather run a flat race in the heat or a hilly race in the cold?
Hilly race in the cold. No question.
3. Would you rather get new running shoes or a new running outfit?
Easy, new shoes. Although, I wouldn’t turn down either.
4. Would you rather run a race without headphones or without a Garmin?
Without headphones, I guess.
5. Would you rather run on the treadmill for an hour or in a circle around the same street block for an hour?
Treadmill for an hour. I don’t mind the treadmill, and if the block passed my front door I’d want to quit every time I lapped it.
6. Would you rather run a Ragnar Relay or a marathon relay?
I’m not sold on either. Marathon relay, I guess. At least then I would know all the people on my team, and I wouldn’t have to run in the dark.
7. Would you rather come in 4th in the Olympics or 1st in the New York City Marathon?
1st in NYC! 1st 1st 1st! in NYC!
8. Would you rather give up running for 1 year to get a BQ or never BQ but run as much as you want?
BQ! I could find something else to do for a year. Plus, I’m assuming this means that after my year off I come back magically fast enough to BQ…so, yeah, that one!
9. Would you rather run in an urban area or on a trail?
Depends on the trail and the urban area. If the trail isn’t too nature-y I’ll pick trail.
10. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch?
Side stitch. I get these kind of often, and they usually eventually go away. I can manage. I’ve had a headache while running, maybe twice. And it sucks.
11. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm?
Snowstorm. If I’m out running and it starts to pour it can be a pretty fun time, but I can’t make myself step out the door into pouring rain. I just can’t. Snow on the other hand, makes me want to go out and play.
12. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off?
Day off. I like having the whole day stretched out free in front of me.
13. Would you rather run just because or train for a race?
Just because, assuming I would actually do it. Sometimes, I need a race to keep me going.
Which would you rather: cold hilly race or hot flat race?