We’re over a week into November, and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Some of the other blogs I read (Run Away With Me and Darlin’ Rae) have been posting about what they’re thankful for in order to get in the mood, and since I’m a copy cat I’m going to do the same. At least with this single post.
Here are some things I’m thankful for:
1. My Job – I haven’t written about this on the blog, but long story short: I left my job as a mechanical engineer in January. I then spent the majority of the year studying for the first couple actuarial exams and trying to find my way into a new field. Last Monday was my first day in my first actuarial job! I’m so thankful everything came together and this is working out.
2. Trip to Buffalo – Jeff and I are spending Thanksgiving in Buffalo this year. I can’t wait to spend some quality time with my family and friends, especially my just-about-6 month old niece who I haven’t seen since July! We’re also running the Buffalo Turkey Trot which I have run 6 times now.
My extended family likes to go bowling after thanksgiving (and christmas). We also have things like trophies and certificates.
3. That I like to Run – Not just that I can run, but that I like it and I figured that out. If I hadn’t given it a chance and stuck with it for as long as I have, I might never have known how much fun it is. It’s so great to be out running on a sunny Saturday morning in the fall, but so many people don’t get to, or even want to.
4. Friends & family – I have some great family and friends. Whether it’s the big things like supporting me during a career change, or just sending me a funny text in the middle of the day. They’re great. I’m counting you, my blogging buddies, in this one, too.
5. Chapstick – I’m a tad overly interested in chapstick these days. I rotate flavors and look forward to the days when I have my favorites. Which are: Burt’s Bees Coconut Lime, Grapefruit, and Vanilla Bean, and Badger Balm Lavendar & Orange. It may sound like I have a problem, but I bet I won’t be having any issues with dry lips this winter.
so much chap stick, so little time
6. My smartphone – My new work has a very strict internet policy and I can’t use my work computer to check my personal email – even during lunch break – so I’m extremely thankful to have a phone with a data plan that I can use for this purpose. I also get to read and comment on my favorite blogs while eating.
7. Streaming video – I’m talking Amazon Prime and Hulu. Who doesn’t love a good TV series binge? Now that it’s getting colder out, I’m really looking forward to curling up on the couch with my computer and multiple seasons of a show. (Well, to be honest, I do this year round).
8. A Comfy Bed – Getting into a nice soft bed with clean sheets is so nice. Sometimes it’s the little things.
9. Books – I have a HUGE stack of books I’m reading. There are just so many great ones out there! And, now that I have a long commute, I’ll be listening to audio versions, too.
There you have it, some of the things I’m thankful for. Now you tell me:
What are you thankful for?
Any of the same things as me?
Ever go overboard on the chapstick?