Wearing compression socks all day and spending the evening reading running blogs counts as cross training, right?
If so, I’m totally rocking it!
No one knew I had these puppies on all day at work yesterday!
Juuust kidding…I know it’s not cross training, and I’ve done only slightly better at cross training this week than last, meaning I went to the gym once. Hey, if the bar is set low enough, improvement is easy. On Thursday, I rode the bike for about 30 minutes, and then did uphill walking for about 15 minutes. I did something similar today, and I’m planning on going again tomorrow, which will bring my total up to 3 days for this week. Not bad…it’s just a little weekend heavy.
And, now, here is a list of random stuff:
- One of my new year’s resolutions is to try a new recipe every month. This month, I picked fancy pizza! It has apples, Gorgonzola, and Mozzarella, and then is drizzled with rosemary and honey. It was good and very easy. I’m making it again this weekend because I liked so much, and also I have leftover Gorgonzola. (Note: Jeff made the dough, which is the hard part of pizza making.)
I’m good at food blogging because of the high quality photos I take.
- I’ve been trying to steal glances at all the treadmill runners when I’m at the gym. 80/20 running talked about form, and how experienced runners have an ease about them. So, I’ve been trying to pick out who looks new and who looks like they’ve been running for years. All while trying not to stare like a giant creep.
- I don’t often get a good look at my form while running, but the last race I did posted a video, and I was able to spot myself. (If you’re interested, I come right across the front of the screen at about 1:04, and I’m wearing a long sleeved white shirt). I always picture myself looking awkward and slow, but I didn’t! I looked like a real runner! It was very exciting. And if that wasn’t enough proof, Jeff snapped this one from the finish line. Check out that form. Really? Who is this person?
That’s me in the middle, with the fancy socks and beautiful form.
- Uphill treadmill walking is hard! This is another thing I got from the 80/20 book. Set the treadmill to 15% incline and walk. I can’t go very fast without it being incredibly difficult. It is super boring though. And that’s coming from someone who enjoys treadmill running. You need a book or TV for sure.
- Speaking of treadmills, do you follow the gluten-free treadmill? If you don’t, you should definitely check it out. Laura is planning to run across the United States this summer. (Seriously, think about that for a minute…. the entire country in 67 days.) She’s doing it to raise awareness and funds to help victims of sexual violence, and she’s also aiming to break the record for a woman running across the US. Pretty cool, huh? Well, her blog is a really great place to find out more, read about her training, and if you’re interested, learn how to help support her in this massive effort. Also, she’s selling these cool tank tops. So head on over and check it out.
Also, her logo is pretty freakin’ awesome.
- I got some good questions on my 80/20 post the other day, so I updated the post to include those in my Q&A. If you’re interested, check that out. And if you have any other questions, keep ’em coming!
That’s all I have for now, I hope you have a nice weekend!
6 thoughts on “Saturday stuff…a little list of randomness just for you!”
Im pretty sure im one of those akward looking runners lol! And I want one of those shirts too!!! Keep up the blogs love reading them!
I was so sure that I would look how I feel when I run (awkward, tired), but I was pleasantly surprised. I bet you would be too.
It’s always fun seeing yourself run on a video – well usually 😉 I love that Laura is running across the US for such a great cause. I had a friend run across Canada a few years back and it was such an amazing journey to watch unfold! If I lived in the US, I’d totally make a point to run with her.
This is the first time I’ve seen myself on video. I think I was surprised because my form looked so different from how I look in the mirror when on the treadmill.
I have to put some more effort into figuring out if I can run with her at all, her route is kind of not close to me, but I’d love to join her if I could.
I am laughing so hard right now because I do the same thing with runners on the treadmills at the gym. My gym has about 50 treadmills so there’s always something entertaining going on. I need SOMETHING to pass the time when I’m on there for miles and miles.
It’s the worst when they turn and see you staring. Ooops! 🙂