Alright, let’s play a game called “Good idea or Bad idea”!
Here’s how it works: I’ll tell you about my life, then ask you a question about whether I should run a half marathon, and you tell me if it’s a good idea or a bad idea. (Spoiler alert! It’s a bad idea, but I want to do it anyways, so tell me it’s a good idea. wink wink!)
Here’s some background-
- The company I work for has a program that pays race entries for employees and their friends/family (with some restrictions)
- Since I moved at the end of July 2015, a lot of the races are local to me, but I’ve only been able to participate in 1 so far (due to the time of year, pregnancy, general busyness)
- They just sent an email with the spring schedule of races which has a half marathon on the list that’s in the next town over
- I have not run more than 5 miles since, hmmm….well, it’s been over a year
- The aforementioned 5 miles happened once…Turkey Trot 2016, aside from that I mostly run/walk no more than 4 miles at a time (3 times a week, at best)
- In the last 3 weeks, I have run once….2 miles, and I walked a good chunk
- I am studying for an exam that is at the end of April, and while I wouldn’t say it’s going poorly, I will admit that I am doing the bare minimum and struggling to get that done. (I say this to insinuate that I have no time for training, and if I somehow make time for training, I should really be using that time for studying instead)
To recap- I am in no shape (physically) to run a half marathon, I have almost zero time to train for a half marathon, and yet… I WANT TO RUN THIS HALF MARATHON!!! And it would be FREE!
So, here’s the big question: Good Idea or Bad Idea?
Oh, also it’s in like 9 weeks.
Talk me into or out of it, please!