There are about a million things I’d like to accomplish in 2019. To keep things somewhat realistic, I’ve whittled the list down to 8. Who knows, if things are going well, I can always accomplish more. Even now, I keep thinking of more I want to add, while simultaneously starting to feel overwhelmed with the 8 I have. So even though it is killing me not to list every single thing I want to accomplish and/or make into a habit, I am calling it! Eight is enough.
Without further ado:
- Finish Knitting Miss Baby’s baby blanket: easy, I just need to do it.
- Play ALL of our board games: I want to list them, rate them, and get rid of ones we don’t like.
- Pass LTAM exam: this exam has been a thorn in my side, and it’s VERY important that I pass it this Spring. VERY very important.
- Read/Listen to 35 books: I’m not sure if this number is low/high or realistic, I basically assumed I could read 1 book and listen to 1 book every 3 weeks (the length of a library loan). I might adjust this as the year goes on.
- PR the 5k: I want/need a running goal. It can’t be terribly time consuming, but I do want it to be difficult. We’ll see how it goes.
- Organize my clothes/our closets: Pretty self-explanatory, the twist is that our bedroom closet currently has no shelving or rods to hang things from, so requires some work. That is part of this resolution.
- Lose 25 to 30 lbs: I was 10lbs heavier than I wanted to be before I had Mr. Toddler, then I held on to 10lbs from him, and have another 10lbs from Miss Baby. Alone, 10lbs doesn’t sound like a lot. But then you multiply that by 3 and 30lbs kind of does.
- Meditate: I am a broken record on this goal. I have the headspace app. I love it. I just need to freaking DO IT.
So there you have it…the great eight! And now that I’ve written them down, I’m totally jazzed about doing them. Here’s to a productive and fun 2019!
P.S. In 2014, I had 8 running specific resolutions, oh how times have changed.
2 thoughts on “2019 Resolutions”
Hahaha, I still need to finish knitting Vera’s blanket too! I intended to finish it for her first Christmas, but that didn’t happen. Hopefully by her first birthday in July? I’d love to PR the 5k too, but first I need to get back in the metaphorical running saddle, hence my run streak. Good luck with all your goals!
You could probably stretch it out until next Christmas since blankets are less necessary in July if you need a little extra time. 😊 As for the 5k PR, I feel like it’s a real stretch but hopefully a year is long enough to make a decent effort at it. At the very least, I should be able to get a post baby PR.