One of my current favorite podcasts is a parenting podcast called “Mom and Dad are fighting” which you can find on slate.
At the beginning of each episode they do a segment called “parenting triumphs and fails”, and it’s one of my favorite parts of the show. It’s nice to hear about the triumphs; they can give me some good ideas. But what I really like are the fails. It’s extremely comforting. And often hilarious.
So I thought it might be fun to do a little triumph and fails series on the blog (potentially more than just one post). Initially I thought I”d post a single triumph or fail, but I can’t think of one that I can write more than a sentence about, so I’ll do a list of each for the month of December.
- Did not need to rush out last minute to buy any gifts. (I did need to get paid shipping on a couple of items, but nothing was “Rush” or “Expedited”)
- Started Running again….somewhat consistently, and I don’t hate it!
- Started reading and listening to books
- “Tricked” Mr. Toddler into thinking frozen peas are a fun snack!
- Totally flopped at treadmill Bingo
- Could not keep up with my blogging
- Spent far too much time getting settled into a desk at work every morning (I don’t have a specific desk; I need to book one, and thus cannot leave personal belongings there.)
- Did not get back into studying like I had planned.
- Ordered Miss baby’s birth announcements, which is a fail because it is SO LATE.
Check out this post from Jan 11, 2017 – Good Idea/Bad Idea
Alright, let’s play a game called “Good idea or Bad idea”!
Here’s how it works: I’ll tell you about my life, then ask you a question about whether I should run a half marathon, and you tell me if it’s a good idea or a bad idea. (Spoiler alert! It’s a bad idea, but I want to do it anyways, so tell me it’s a good idea. wink wink!)…
4 thoughts on “Triumphs and Fails”
Oo, I love this idea! Maybe you should do a regular series on Tuesdays or Thursdays for alliterative fun? Or even just monthly. I’d certainly join you! It’s always good to celebrate triumphs, but like you said, it can be comforting to see other people’s “fails” so you don’t feel alone.
I’m a sucker for alliteration, but am not consistent enough for weekly posts. 😆 This was fun to write though so I’d like to make it work monthly. And it would be great if you’d join in!
I like your Triumph and Fails segment! Have you listed to the Acquired Taste Podcast? It’s worth checking out for sure
I haven’t. I’ll give it a listen!