One of my current favorite podcasts is a parenting podcast called “Mom and Dad are fighting” which you can find on slate.
At the beginning of each episode they do a segment called “parenting triumphs and fails”, and it’s one of my favorite parts of the show. It’s nice to hear about the triumphs; they can give me some good ideas. But what I really like are the fails. It’s extremely comforting. And often hilarious.
So I thought it might be fun to do a little triumph and fails series on the blog (potentially more than just one post). Initially I thought I”d post a single triumph or fail, but I can’t think of one that I can write more than a sentence about, so I’ll do a list of each for the month of December.
- Did not need to rush out last minute to buy any gifts. (I did need to get paid shipping on a couple of items, but nothing was “Rush” or “Expedited”)
- Started Running again….somewhat consistently, and I don’t hate it!
- Started reading and listening to books
- “Tricked” Mr. Toddler into thinking frozen peas are a fun snack!
- Totally flopped at treadmill Bingo
- Could not keep up with my blogging
- Spent far too much time getting settled into a desk at work every morning (I don’t have a specific desk; I need to book one, and thus cannot leave personal belongings there.)
- Did not get back into studying like I had planned.
- Ordered Miss baby’s birth announcements, which is a fail because it is SO LATE.
Check out this post from Jan 11, 2017 – Good Idea/Bad Idea
Alright, let’s play a game called “Good idea or Bad idea”!
Here’s how it works: I’ll tell you about my life, then ask you a question about whether I should run a half marathon, and you tell me if it’s a good idea or a bad idea. (Spoiler alert! It’s a bad idea, but I want to do it anyways, so tell me it’s a good idea. wink wink!)…